LOCATION: Langley Office
Direct Plus Food Group is a fast-growing sales, merchandising and distribution company representing many fine brands to the retail market. Our product offering is carefully selected and continually maintained. We believe in providing our customers with products of the highest quality made by a selection of trusted brands including Grimm’s Fine Foods, McSweeney’s Premium Jerky and Meat Snacks, Audrey’s Patisserie and Saporé Foods. To learn more please visit our website at www.directplus.ca
Through new ideas and initiatives, the Food Service Sales Specialist will be accountable for the success of the Food Service segment for DPFG. They will aim to improve the overall business prospects, which drive the business; utilizing partnership selling and creating ongoing opportunities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To seek and identify meaningful partnerships for long-term, profitable growth
• Develop new customer relationships and nurture existing ones
• Design and implement sales strategies and activities to form and grow foodservice channel
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share and other key financial objectives.
• Responsible for providing accurate sales forecasting for internal and external stakeholder
• Identify and develop distributor relationships for a customer-centric experience
• Monitor all existing and prospective clients to identify appropriate business opportunities
• Develop sales strategy for new and existing product offerings
• Work closely with Marketing and supply chain on new product offerings for foodservice segment
• Review of sales analysis with recommendations for improvement (PLC Management)
• Ongoing review of competitive landscape, as well as culinary and consumer trends
• Provide pricing strategy recommendations
• Present new product lines/products to prospective and current clients
• Prepare business reviews for clients, distributor partners and internal stakeholders
• Identify and participate in tradeshows and workshops as necessary
• Special duties as required
• The individual chosen must be a team player with an energetic personality, have strong sales and marketing skills, coupled with a good business sense and ability to understand the “big picture”.
• He or she will be a strong project manager and self-starter. He or she will be highly disciplined, task-oriented, organized and able to attend to details of the business, while still maintaining focus on long term goals.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
• To thrive the candidate will be confident, motivated by challenge and a team player who is interested in sharing ideas.
• This position will be attractive to individuals who are seeking long term growth and desire to help build our company.
• 3-5 years of proven food service success
• Competent and proficient in computer systems such as MS office and ability to learn internal systems as required.
• Ability and willingness for frequent travel required