REPORTS TO: Vice President Sales
Direct Plus Food Group is a fast-growing sales, merchandising and distribution company representing many fine brands to the retail market. Our product offering is carefully selected and continually maintained. We believe in providing our customers with products of the highest quality made by a selection of trusted brands including Grimm’s Fine Foods, McSweeney’s Premium Jerky and Meat Snacks, Audrey’s Patisserie and Saporé Foods.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for setting, achieving and exceeding sales and profitability targets amongst all customers supported by the talents of a highly effective sales team. Of primary importance is aligning the sales organization’s objectives with business strategy through active participation in strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and asset management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leading a sales team comprised of Supervisors, Sales Specialists and distributor partners
• Maximizing sales and profitability in the Western Canadian market
• Creating and executing business plans and programs that lead to profitable growth
• Collaborate with marketing teams on product initiatives, promotional strategies and pricing strategy
• Lead learning and development initiatives for the continuous improvement of the sales team
• Implement sales strategies that directly contribute to the health of DP brands’ and those we represent
• Managing a total operating budget
• Understanding P&L statements and identifying areas for continuous improvement
• Identification and development of new market opportunities leading to continued profitable growth.
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company
• Manage key customer relationships and participate in strategic opportunities
• Launch and execution of companywide marketing programs
• Provide leadership on hiring and employee retention
• Maintain and develop our company culture
• Create and analyze profitability, pricing structures, promotional strategies and programs on an ongoing basis.
• identifying and capitalizing on competitive opportunities
• Maintain and build lasting client relationships that build mutual value for their company and ours
• Attract New Clients
• Other duties as assigned by Vice President, Sales
• Solid background in Sales Management 5 + years CPG preferred
• Ability to see the big picture
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral
• Strong leadership skills
• Team player and team builder
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Continually seeks improvement
• Works well under pressure